Special free food events are hosted weekly at ArtHouse to compliment the business and training activity in the facility. Culinary Exploration events are facilitated by local and regional experts, and are free and open to the public. Events are appropriate for novice to expert: growers, food hobbyists, enthusiasts, culinary entrepreneurs, butchers, caterers, bakers, food vendors, chefs and restaurateurs. No experience is necessary to participate in Culinary Exploration events.
Holiday Cookie Swap. A culinary event hosted by ArtHouse. A cookie swap is a gathering where cookie swap-page takes place. It's kind of like a potluck but multiplied by cookies. You show up with batches of your favorite recipe (extra points if it's been passed down for many moons by many grandmas) and trade away. Sadly, you don't inhale them all right there. You nibble on a few and bring home the rest to share with loved ones. There will be games and prizes. Everyone will go home with an assortment of cookies and a thank you gift.
Here are the ArtHouse Cookie Swap Rules:
1. Please bring 4 dozen of one type of cookie 1 dozen for sampling (display for best presentation contest) and 3 dozen in large container).
2. Everyone come dressed in HOLIDAY colors! REDS, GREENS, GOLDS, SILVER – Casual Wear
3. Everyone send your cookie recipe (with a picture) if you can by December 6th by 3pm. (Email recipe to email@example.com) . This will ensure the cookie selection is varied. The sooner you get your recipe the quicker you get to claim your selection.
4. There will be a contest for best tasting cookie and best cookie presentation. (Don’t you want to be the inaugural winner of this cookie swap. You get bragging rights for next year.)
5. This is a family friendly event.
6. All cookies must be homemade by you. Here are some great examples:
· Strawberry Drop Cookies
· Prizelle Drop Cookies
· Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
· Michele’s Pecan Bars
· Chocolate Caramel Sea Salt Cookies
7. Everyone is required to have fun and sample the goodies. (Cookie Monster doesn’t get to have all the fun and cookies…come join us!)
This workshop is FREE, but space is limited. RSVP is encouraged.